A post in a different tone: A recipe!
Here's a totally awesome cheesy white pasta sauce. It's not creamy, so it's not heavy. Best served with veal tortellini.
Ingredients are guessed after the fact, and are approximate.
Serves 2. 10 mins approx.
- Butter, 35g
- Milk, 1-2 cups
- Mozzarella cheese, 1 handful
- Tasty cheese, 3 handfuls
- Cornflour, 2 tsp
- Sweet white wine, 1 cup (e.g. Semillon sauvignon blanc)
- Bacon, 2 rashers
- Fresh parsley, 2 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Pickled Jalapeños - to taste (optional)
- Melt half the butter in the pot. Fry bacon moderately.
- Throw in rest of butter and half the milk
- Add cheese
- Stir until cheese melts
- Dissolve cornflour in the wine. Add to pot.
- Raise heat until bubbling
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Simmer until thickens to a cream-like texture.
Sorry, no photos -- it got eaten too fast!